The flooring system you have speaks volumes about your house. While it is not very likely for people to ask about your flooring as the first thing, it plays a big part in completing the look of the house. It is a great way to showcase your interest in interior décor, complementing your walls with your floors.
Thankfully, today, there are many ways to achieve what you want with your flooring. You may not have to undo your entire concrete to achieve some improvements. With epoxy floors in Houston, you have all you need for a fresh new look in your home.
Importance of Flooring Systems
It is a common feeling to wonder why you would care about epoxy garage floors in 77406 when you are not a building contractor. While this may be true, the flooring system of a building is an important value-addition to the home.
If you are building your home, or you already own one, the final finish of that space makes a difference. While furniture and interior décor have a place in homes, the flooring system is important. It not only completes your home but also becomes the foundation for every decorative element and structure of your home.
What To Consider When Choosing Flooring Systems
Many things can go wrong in your home if your floors are not right. Depending on the usage of that space, some things to consider for flooring systems include:
- Durability – you can’t have your floors cracking open after a few months of usage.
- Resistance to stains – floors are bound to encounter spillages that can leave permanent stains. When finding a flooring, be sure it can resist some of the common stains likely to happen in that space like oil stains.
- Ease of maintenance – how quickly can you clean up your floors? Besides that, would you need to clean the floors every day? This matters a lot when choosing flooring systems indoors and outdoors. Ease of maintenance also has to do with the method of cleaning. Would sweeping suffice, or would you require brushes and abrasive detergents?
- Strength – the frequency of use of that space makes strength a needful factor. Further, the kind of usage should impact the decision. For example, industrious spaces have heavy usage of floors, with large trucks moving back and forth. Suitable flooring for such a place would differ from a flooring system for your kitchen area.
- Aesthetics – the décor of your home will be affected by how the floors look like. Besides, it is value-addition to have beautiful floors that fit modern aesthetics and tie well with the other elements of the interior décor
Using Lava Flow Metallic Epoxy Colors
Epoxy floor coatings are usually applied to the concrete of flooring systems to enhance the appearance thereof. However, they also have the primary objecting of sealing and protecting the surfaces of the floor, making them stronger and more durable.
The best feature of epoxy floor coatings is that they come in a variety of colors and patterns, offering customers a wide range of options to choose from. They even have metallic options, to give you a unique metallic finish for the elegance you seek for your space. With the proper blend of colors and the right application, lava flow metallic epoxy floors are exactly what you need to achieve a floor that resembles a field of lava.
Crucial Tips For Using Lava Flow Metallic Epoxy Colors
- Have a good foundation – the layer of concrete slab on your floors is the foundation for the epoxy coating to flow over. For a beautiful result, the layer of concrete must be solid. You can opt for an overlay, or better, a new slab of concrete. The concrete has to be properly cured before you begin applying the lava flow metallic epoxy color.
- Use a random motion – after reading the instructions about the application process, use your creativity to achieve the look you want. If you want a nice lava look, you have to be random with the application. Spread the coating back and forth, randomly, to create a wave of patterns and color all over your floor. Do this continuously to achieve just the look you want with your floors.
- Denatured alcohol may be necessary – one of the reasons why a contractor is necessary to help with the application process is that they know when to use denatured alcohol. This is necessary to aid with further dispersion of the metallic epoxy colors.